- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Film Studies, Presentation Script
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Media Studies and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Film Presentation - How significant is the use of supernatural in modern horror?
RUN AUDIO: background music from 'The Ring' playing for 1 minute 30 seconds. Fading out
VISUAL: DVD cover of The Ring, The Others and The Sixth Sense show on screen for first section of presentation.
SPEAKER: My aim throughout this presentation is to discover whether there has been an increase in the use of supernatural in modern horror and whether it is a reasonable argument that supernatural in its own right has its own genre.
The points that I will be explaining throughout this presentation;
- Has there been an increase in the use of supernatural?
- Different ways supernatural is used
- Genre theory
- Whether supernatural horror should have its own genre.
What do we define supernatural as?
Something that does not exist in the natural work for example ghosts and poltergeists, the presence of something we, as an audience refuse to believe in. this is what I consider a reasonable definition of supernatural.
Although a lot of recent horror films have elements of supernatural, I am only focusing on three films that I
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Films (view all)
- Schindler's List.
- Shrek - Film Review
- Finding Forrester
- How are the micro elements of editing, cinematography and mi...
- The Theme of Self Transformation in "Shirley Valentine&...
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'