- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
How did music develop during the period 1960 to the present day? The introduction of rock 'n' roll in the 1950's was the start of a new genre to the younger population.
The first 200 words of this essay...
How did music develop during the period 1960 to the present day?
The introduction of rock 'n' roll in the 1950's was the start of a new genre to the younger population. This was the start of rebelling, sex and drugs. Some of the rock 'n' roll stars that were around at this time were Elvis Presley, the King, Bill Haley and Lonnie Donegan.
Parents and the church frowned upon rock 'n' roll. Elvis especially, as he danced in a 'sexual' way in front of all the young viewers. He was also seen as a rebel and a crude person. Also some of the lyrics from the rock 'n' roll era were said to be rude.
The 1960's started with the same kind of music as the 1950's, but that was soon to change. The Beatles, who were a band from Liverpool, had a whole new sound, based on harmony singing, two guitars and a powerful bass guitar with a drum section. They were seen as young boys with a cheeky sense of humour, and they were all working-class youths. They had many number 1 hits, and still carry on to do so this
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Music (view all)
- Rock salt Experiment.
- Critical Evaluation
- About a Boy film review
- Music videos
- Describe popular culture in Britain at the beginning of the ...
- A comparative study of how women are represented in popular ...
- Business Analysis of Ninja Records
- Music Video Analysis - I have chosen to analyse the video fo...
- Michael Jackson Case Study
- Representation of artists Jusice & SBTRKT within electro...
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Zoey. University Student.