- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
How has Sam Raimi translated the theme of
The first 200 words of this essay...
How has Sam Raimi translated the theme of "With Great Power comes Great Responsibility" from the comics to his film version of 'Spiderman'?
All heroes have a set template; they have no weaknesses, are perfect, intelligent, strong, supernatural, and have an amazing costume. They age from about 25-40, except one that is, Spiderman, he is a teenager, clumsy, young, a student, has doubts, and everyday troubles like girlfriends, money and a sick aunt to look after. Superheroes are born not made, but Peter Parker was an everyday teenager until he was bitten by a radioactive spider on a school trip turning him to a superhero. Audiences can relate easily to this character, they can relate to his emotional torment. The story of Spiderman is based on the moral "With Great Power comes Great Responsibility," given to Peter by his Uncle Ben before he died. In this essay I will be looking at how successfully Sam Raimi translated the comics to the silver screen, how he did this, the way and techniques used to portray the story of Spiderman. I will also look at what has changed in the movie and analyzing of scenes from the film which took
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Films (view all)
- Film Review of "3 Idiots".
- In the movie Cry Freedom, Steve Biko was a black activist an...
- Analysis of Pretty Woman. The popular romantic comedy, Pret...
- Schindler's List.
- "Critical Analysis of the Film The Shawshank Redemption...
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.