- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
"Let Him Have It."
The first 200 words of this essay...
"Let Him Have It."
Essay by Michele Dominique 9VR
In this essay, I'm going to tell you about a film called "Let Him Have It." It's about two young boys who get involved in the killing of a police officer. Derek Bentley, 19, and Christopher Craig, 16, never thought they would get to a point where one of them had to kill someone when breaking and entering into a warehouse. The director, Peter Medak made the film because he wanted the audience to feel sympathy for Derek Bentley, who was executed for a crime he didn't commit. Whereas Craig, the young gangster who brutally murdered police officer, PC Miles, got only 10 years in prison because of being underage.
The director showed us about Derek's early life by making the young boy look defenceless and innocent during the blitz. First came the flashbacks when London was under attack, where Derek was buried under a pile of debris. The mood was frantic, everyone was trying to help him and it was all chaotic. This childhood is completely different to Craig's one. Craig was a big troublemaker; he had a very rough childhood compared to Derek's. The
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Films (view all)
- Film Review of "3 Idiots".
- How does Shrek use parody in order to appeal to a wide and v...
- Media personal statement
- Discuss the arguments for and against censorship
- How do the makers of Shrek subvert the usual conventions of ...
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'