- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Look at the sources - Were the Beatles were the most popular group in Britain?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Source work Questions
1. Source A suggests that the Beatles were the most popular group in Britain. As it says in the source, "The nation held its breath because that evening the four Beatles, all the fab four, were appearing live on Juke Box Jury." This suggests top us that everyone and everything in Britain had come to a standstill because the Beatles were on Juke Box Jury. The source also suggests that they were idolised and admired by most teenagers.
The source is written first hand by Joanna Lumbly in her autobiography, so obviously she was there to experience it. However the source was written almost thirty years later so she may have forgotten details or even may have exaggerated the truth. One example where it seems she may have exaggerated the truth is when it says, "an extraordinary silence and emptiness had descended upon London, on Britain, on England." This is doubtful, as she was only in a small part of London so first of all she wouldn't nknow that even the whole of London had gone silent never mind the whole of England.
2. Source C suggests that the Beatles
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Radio (view all)
- Why have some Scottish and Welsh nationalists criticized Lab...
- Government responsibility for broadcasting and creative indu...
- radio station analysis
- Creating a new system for my school using ICT.
- History of Radio in New Zealand.
- Owners of Newspapers & radio stations
- REVIEWING RADIO STATION
- copy cat crimes
- Sample Radio script
- War Of The Worlds
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.