- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Media Assignment-The Ring
The first 200 words of this essay...
G.C.S.E Media Assignment-The Ring Vanessa Lawrence
The opening sequence of The Ring is very typical of a horror film, even though we later discover the film is more of a supernatural genre. The camera angles, music, sound, tension building techniques and visual effects such as lighting help set the scene. These factors sub-consciously show us it is a horror film and help us understand the main storyline, without giving too much away. It keeps us constantly guessing. By examining these techniques I will attempt to comment on how effective the opening sequence is in establishing the audience's expectations of the horror genre.
In a typical horror film, the opening scene tends to be very important in setting up the rest of the film. This is true of The Ring, as the opening sequence tells us the urban legend of The Ring, basically setting up the rest of the film for us, as well as showing us it is a horror. The urban legend of the video is quite chilling in the way it is told, due to Becca's facial expressions and her voice, which is quite eerie. This sets the mood and in a way
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Films (view all)
- Film Review of "3 Idiots".
- How do the makers of Shrek subvert the usual conventions of ...
- How does Shrek use parody in order to appeal to a wide and v...
- What impact did Walt Disney have on the animation industry?
- "Critical Analysis of the Film The Shawshank Redemption...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.