- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
AS Film Studies Coursework
In this essay I will be analysing Moulin Rouge, directed by Baz Luhrmann and the film's running time is 2 hours and 6 minutes. The time of the clip I shall be analysing is 1.12.00 until 1.18.40. The film is in the musical genre, with a hybrid genre of drama and Romance. The micro element I am looking at is Mise-en-Scène which includes setting, props, staging, costume and make-up, as well as figure expression movement and off-screen space and sound is the other micro element I will be looking at.
The film is about Christian, a young Bohemian poet living in Paris. The story is set in 1889 in France and he defies his father by joining the going to the dark but exciting underworld of Paris' now legendary Moulin Rouge. In this seedy but glamorous place there are sex and drugs everywhere. The protagonist character, Christian, finds himself in a passionate but tragic love affair with Satine, the club's highest paid star. Their romance is played out in the club, where they meet up frequently. At the club the rich mingle with workers, artists, bohemians, actresses and courtesans, all
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Films (view all)
- Film Review of "3 Idiots".
- What impact did Walt Disney have on the animation industry?
- The film I decided to watch and analyze gender roles was, Mr...
- How do the makers of Shrek subvert the usual conventions of ...
- How does Shrek use parody in order to appeal to a wide and v...
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.