- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Mother Jones advertises itself as smart, fearless journalism. In the mission statement found on the journals website, it says the Mother Jones produces revelatory journalism that seeks to inform and inspire a more just and democratic world.
The first 200 words of this essay...
A Journal of Value
Of all mothers, Mother Jones advertises itself as "smart, fearless journalism." If only we all had mothers who looked this deeply through current events. This is a unique journal which holds itself to high standards in both a journalistic and moral sense. As the website says, they look for articles that are "Hard-hitting, investigative reports exposing government cover-ups, corporate malfeasance, scientific myopia, institutional fraud or hypocrisy, etc." It's a journal that likes to get facts, shocking facts, about what people care about.
The pages of the journal are ridden with ads devoted to the environment and environmentally concerned companies. Even financial investors advertize themselves as "green" investors (pg3). A cigarette company has an entire page add with "Natural" as their larges printed word. Educational institutions also claim add space that contributes to the worldly responsibility saying "change yourself, change the world" (pg 21). By using the adds in this journal alone, you could help end animal cloning (pg. 33), drink organic coffee (pg 32), invest in economically sensitive companies (pg 25), get information about fixing your pet (pg 21), and even discover how to take
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Newspapers & Magazines (view all)
- Compare and Contrast the Two Different Newspapers; The Sun a...
- Narcissism Essay. The societal norms of the ideal life and ...
- Comparison of a tabloid and broadsheet article - Broadsheet ...
- In the light of the Leveson Inquiry is regulation of the (Br...
- Year 10 English Coursework - Media
- Media Report Comparing Film and Top Gear Magazine.
- Journalism Language - Analysis of a newspaper article about...
- A brief introduction of English journalism
- Encoding & Decoding Cosmopolitan Magazine
- Womens representation in magazines - looking at Glamour and ...
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student