- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Patek Philippe magazine advertisement analysis.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The text is an advertisement for Patek Philippe, a Swiss luxury watch manufacturer and its purpose is to persuade readers into purchasing the brand's timepieces. Taking into consideration that the item being promoted is a luxury good and that the advertisement only features two male figures, this advertisement is probably intended for the wealthy males.
The advertisement uses grey and black to convey its meaning. The use of monochrome not only sets a calm mood but also establishes a sense of timelessness. This vintage feeling complements the message that the watches are passed from one generation to another. It is also worth noting that the commercial signs of the watch are largely ignored. Revealing the value of the watch in monetary terms would prove detrimental to the priceless message the advertisement conveys.
The largest and most prominent image of the advertisement is that of a father helping his son with his homework. The boy is dressed for school and the man is dressed in a suit for work. The suit implies a successful businessman from a middle-upper class. As such, readers might perceive purchasing the watch as an indicator that they have reached the same social
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Advertisements (view all)
- (A) How professional advertising agencies can contribute to ...
- Coca cola - swot analysis
- Internet Advertising.
- Essay in favour of advertising.
- The fundamental aim of this study is to evaluate whether or ...
- The aim of this project is to systematically stylistically a...
- Gender Stereotypes in Advertising.
- This ad, for Cannery Row, shows a picture of three children ...
- Analysis of Coca Cola and iPad adverts.
- Advertising on Television Media Essay.Advertising on televis...
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.