- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Petunia Experiment - We are conducting this experiment because we wanted to research the affect of music on plant growth.
The first 200 words of this essay...
We are conducting this experiment because we wanted to research the affect of music on plant growth. The theory is that music will help plants, or in this case petunias, to grow faster/bigger. We are using three different types of music and are studying which has the greatest affect on the growth of the petunias.
This would mean that the cause construct of the theory is music, with the effect construct being plant growth. So our experimental hypothesis is: "Type of music has a significant effect on the height of petunias" causing our null hypothesis to be "Type of music does not have a significant effect on the height of petunias." We are hoping that by carrying out this experiment we will prove one of our hypotheses.
For this experiment we used an independent measures design as plants may well go through growth spurts at different times in their lives like us. So without doing extra research and finding out they grow at a steady pace throughout the whole of their lives, a repeated measures design would be completely unsuitable.
Our independent variable (or IV)
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Music (view all)
- "Where is the love?"- Black Eyed Peas
- Rock salt Experiment.
- 'Beneath Clouds' by Ivan Sen
- 'The Soundtrack to my life'
- The subject of this dissertation is how feminist beliefs hav...
- A comparative study of how women are represented in popular ...
- Business Analysis of Ninja Records
- Music Video Analysis - I have chosen to analyse the video fo...
- Michael Jackson Case Study
- Representation of artists Jusice & SBTRKT within electro...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.