- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Saving Private Ryan VS The Longest Day - How do these two representations of the same historical event differ from each other?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Saving Private Ryan VS The Longest Day.
How do these two representations of the same historical event differ from each other?
Both of these films, Saving Private Ryan (1999) and the Longest Day (1962), are representations of the D-day landings on Omaha beach in France.
The war film genre was chosen due to its popularity, historical interest and the excitement and adventure involved in battle.
The longest day could have easily been an English propaganda film, as it gave a very un-realistic view on the D-day landings, glorifying the British, and making the Nazis look incapable of winning the war. In contrast Saving Private Ryan was an attempt to make sense of history, which was as realistic as it could be. Also the creation of a heroic figure gave the audience a character to follow the film with.
Saving Private Ryan was far more realistic than the Longest Day. I will be looking at how all the different factors of making a film make the films more realistic. I will be commenting on, shots and angles used visual effects, sound effects, mise-en-scene and lighting.
In Saving Private Ryan and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Films (view all)
- Michael Moores purpose in Sicko is to inform his audience ab...
- Dry September Faulkner describes the setting and...
- Analyse,review and comment on "Stand By Me" with p...
- So I can make it clear why Seabiscuit is about perseverance ...
- Genre and Narrative Essay
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.