- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The representation of men in The Jeremy Kyle show and The Maury Show
The first 200 words of this essay...
''The representation of men in chat shows, a comparison of The Jeremy Kyle Show and ''Maury''
I am going to look into the presentation of men, focusing mainly on the representations that are portrayed in chat shows. My sources of research are going to be Television shows in particular, but also the Internet and Books. I have chosen two Television shows that I am going to look at closely, these are ''The Jeremy Kyle Show'' and "Maury''. I have decided that this is the best possible way of being able to look at the actions, thoughts and representations of men because of the wide range of information that I will be able to collect. I am expecting to find that men are presented in a negative light compared to women and that they are rude, arrogant and do not care about what is going on within the world around them this is mainly due to the stereotypical view presented within other media.
The two chat shows both present men in away that suggests to the audience that men are unreliable, untrustworthy and uncaring. First impressions of men are that they are untidy wearing messy clothing, appearing
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Television (view all)
- Describe the impact of television in the 1950s and early 196...
- Is television a good or bad influence on society
- Realism and Television
- "The emergence of television as a mass medium of commun...
- How does Michael Moore make his arguments in 'Bowling for Co...
- Discuss "Quality Television" - Lost and Sex and Th...
- Explore the male representations explored over several media...
- The Effect of Censorship on the Media in Pakistan.
- In this essay I will discuss three events: 9/11, the riots i...
- Critical analysis of "Shameless".
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.