- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The two articles under discussion are chosen from a well-known tabloid newspaper called, 'The Daily Mail' and the well-established broadsheet newspaper, 'The Independent.'
The first 200 words of this essay...
Media Analysis Claire Rapley 4a
The two articles under discussion are chosen from a well-known tabloid newspaper called, 'The Daily Mail' and the well-established broadsheet newspaper, 'The Independent.' Both articles were printed fourteen years ago, however the broadsheet was printed on the 9th March, a few days after the tabloid printed their view on the 6th March. The articles cover the same story, about a summer camp for children aimed at making school subjects fun. The camp, held at Butlins received mainly criticism from the tabloid, and a mixture of good and bad publicity from the broadsheet.
The presentations of the articles differ tremendously, and the general layouts reflect different types of newspapers. 'The Mail's' article takes up a whole page of the newspaper. It carries a large two line banner headline, which is significantly larger than the main body of text. Roughly half the page is taken up by a large photograph. Underneath this are nine short paragraphs divided up with one larger subheading breaking the text up. The article in 'The Telegraph' is presented in a very different way. The headline goes all the way across the text of the article, however this cannot be
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Newspapers & Magazines (view all)
- Compare and Contrast These Two Newspaper Articles on the Top...
- Compare and contrast the two NHS anti-smoking advertisements...
- Comparison of a tabloid and broadsheet article - Broadsheet ...
- Newspapers -How have newspaper changed overtime?
- Regulation of the Media.
- Media Report Comparing Film and Top Gear Magazine.
- Journalism Language - Analysis of a newspaper article about...
- A brief introduction of English journalism
- Encoding & Decoding Cosmopolitan Magazine
- Womens representation in magazines - looking at Glamour and ...
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Zoey. University Student.