- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Using AIDA to analyse an advert for a power bar.
The first 200 words of this essay...
AIDA stands for:
A: Attention. The advertiser must grab the viewer's attention. He wants consumers to read his advert and pay attention to the product he wants them to buy.
I: Interest. The advert must hold the viewer's interest and must create and sustain the viewer's interest. This obviously links with the A, for attention.
D: Desire. The advertiser must play on the viewer's desires or what the viewer wants. For example, the advertiser may urge the viewer to "Buy one, get one free", playing on the viewer's desire to get a good bargain, or "Phone now for a free quote", which appeals to the same desire to get something for nothing.
A: Action. The advertiser wants to be sure that the consumer will go out and buy the product that has been advertised.
Let us use our AIDA approach to analyse this advertisement.
When we see the advertisement, our eyes fall immediately on the man. Our attention is focused on the man because he is placed in the middle of the page; also he is in silhouette which makes him seem interesting.
Our attention is also
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Advertisements (view all)
- (A) How professional advertising agencies can contribute to ...
- This advertising campaign is a proposal for Guinness. It det...
- Professional Campaigns
- The fundamental aim of this study is to evaluate whether or ...
- Task2: how professional advertising agencies can contribute ...
- The aim of this project is to systematically stylistically a...
- Gender Stereotypes in Advertising.
- This ad, for Cannery Row, shows a picture of three children ...
- Analysis of Coca Cola and iPad adverts.
- Advertising on Television Media Essay.Advertising on televis...
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.