- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
What are the differences and similarities between rock music magazines e.g. Advertisements, reviews, marketing ploys/tactics?
The first 200 words of this essay...
English Media Coursework
Question: What are the differences and similarities between rock music magazines e.g. Advertisements, reviews, marketing ploys/tactics?
In the world of music media there are many different magazines for all types and genres of music. In this piece of coursework I shall be exploring the different elements that make up these magazines. In particular I shall be exploring (in basic language) rock music magazines. I have also chosen to compare 'Kerrang', which is a commercial magazine, to 'Terrorizer' which is not as well known but is still a popular magazine.
Firstly we can see a difference in the two magazines without even opening a page. 'Kerrang', the more commercial magazine, is a4 paper size where as 'Terrorizer', the less well known magazine, is ever so slightly larger, approximately by one centimetre length and width ways. This gives off the impression that if compared to newspapers, 'Kerrang' would be 'The Sun' of the rock music world, being a tabloid always taking a very strong opinion on situations and always looking at the stories which appeal to a 'mainstream' fan. I think that 'Terrorizer' would be the 'Independent' of the rock music world as it is a
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Music (view all)
- OCR National ICT - Unit 1 - Task 2 - Internet Searches
- Youth Sub-Cultures, Popular Music and Social Change
- Why did groups like the Beatles and the Rolling Stones have ...
- "popular culture in the 1960's did more harm than good&...
- Why is Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band a milestone in P...
- A comparative study of how women are represented in popular ...
- Business Analysis of Ninja Records
- Music Video Analysis - I have chosen to analyse the video fo...
- Michael Jackson Case Study
- How successful have your chosen texts been for their industr...
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.