- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Write about a tragic incident that had happened in Docklands, on 9th February 1996, around 7.00pm.
The first 200 words of this essay...
In this essay, I'll write about a tragic incident that had happened in Docklands, on 9th February 1996, around 7.00pm. The IRA planted a tonne of explosive gunpowder in South Quay underground garage, which later exploded. The bomb was set off, causing at least 140 people hurt and fatally injured. The pressure of the bomb blast was so immense that it even shocked the Canary Wharf tower, where windows were broken and shattered. In this essay I will study and compare the three articles of the "Sun", the "Daily Star" and the "Independent" newspapers, and see which one communicate best about the bombing the best. I will judge each article by the following factor: whether there are opinions, bias, non-bias, factual, the styles of language and the audience of whom they are aimed at.
The first newspaper that I am going study is the "Sun". The Sun's headline is "IRA bomb London". The Headline seems to be very straightforward. It is bold and hence it effectively put the message across to the Audience. It would make the reader immediately react towards the headline with astonishment that London had been bombed. As you can
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Newspapers & Magazines (view all)
- Magazine Evaluation
- I have decided to produce the front cover and at least one d...
- The effects of media
- In order to carry out a comprehensive investigation of two p...
- Comparing the Language and Layout of A Broadsheet Newspaper ...
- Media Report Comparing Film and Top Gear Magazine.
- Journalism Language - Analysis of a newspaper article about...
- A brief introduction of English journalism
- Encoding & Decoding Cosmopolitan Magazine
- Womens representation in magazines - looking at Glamour and ...
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.