- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
child abuse and legislation
The first 200 words of this essay...
Child Protection- Task 3
P4- Identify appropriate responses where child abuse is suspected or confirmed, making reference to current legislation and policies.
M2- Justify appropriate responses where child abuse is suspected or confirmed, making reference to current legislation, policies and co-operation with a range of other professionals.
There is a different procedure for reporting child abuse depending on whether it is only suspected, or if it is confirmed. This links to disclosure, which is split up into direct and indirect disclosure. Direct disclosure is a verbal exchange of information- when a child directly shares the information with you and says they are being abused. Indirect disclosure is when you observe behaviour or signs of abuse, or see a child acting out the abuse, or using inappropriate language that could suggest abuse is taking place. The flow chart below shows the referral process if you have concerns that a child is being abused. If direct disclosure has not taken place then it is important not to mention it to the child as this could not be the case, or if abuse is taking place and the case goes to court then it could
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- Legalising Prostitution in Britain
- The Cockroach by Kevin Halligan
- There are many current affairs that have an impact on the un...
- factors influencing conformity and obedience
- four theoretical models of child abuse
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.