- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Teenage pregnancies are becoming a huge problem in today's society and not enough is being done to prevent them. About 900,000 pregnancies occur each year among American teenagers aged 15-19. Most of these pregnancies are unintended. ("Preventing Teenage Pregnancy" 1) Clearly not enough is being done to help prevent teenage pregnancies, because the statistics are extremely high. Not only do teenage pregnancies interfere with the success in life that these girls might ultimately achieve, teen mothers are a burden to all of us, requiring far more public assistance than adult counterparts. Further, children born to teens tend to be both socially and economically disadvantaged. ("Preventing Teenage Pregnancy" 1) If this is all true, why aren't their more programs dedicated to educating teenagers and parents about how to prevent early pregnancies? Not only can parents help, but also the involvement of schools and government is essential.
The first step to preventing teenage pregnancies is making parents aware. Jesse Jackson once said, " Your children need your presence more than your presents." It is clear that there is a lot parents and adults can do to reduce the risk of kids becoming pregnant before they've grown up. ("Ten Tips
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- The Cockroach by Kevin Halligan
- Legalising Prostitution in Britain
- factors influencing conformity and obedience
- child abuse and legislation
- There are many current affairs that have an impact on the un...
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.