- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Analyse and discuss the structure of one ballet created for Diaghilev Ballet Russe.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Analyse and discuss the structure of one ballet created for Diaghilev Ballet Russe
Through the work of "Pulcinella" Diaghilev Ballet Russe entered a new period in the history of ballet, the 'modernist' approach was unlike anything that had gone before, and the company became an innovation to test out new and experimental ideas. Diaghilev helped to rejuvenate ballet. From the outset, the legendary company enraptured the scandalised dance world with new ballets in every aspect -modern choreography, music, design and the structure of the ballet, helped to alter the course of dance history, making the Ballet Russe the vanguard of distinctive twentieth century art.
Ballet in the last quarter of the ninetieth century across Western Europe, the forum of Romantic ballet had reached an all time low point. The great choreographers of the romantic era were dead, and no other choreographers had risen to take their place. Ballet seemed to have lost all of its creative momentum and the public had seized to regard it as a serious art form. It was no longer considered to be the mainstream art form that it had been in the 1830's and 1840's; it appeared to have lost touch
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Music (view all)
- The Spinstresss nightingale - CriticalAnalysis
- "Stomp Out Loud" theatre review.
- Miss Congeniality - Film analysis.
- Autobiography - This is me.
- Vespers choreographed by Ulysses Dove.
- How does Beethoven make Effective and Imaginative use of the...
- Analysis of the Exposition of the First Movement of Beethove...
- The history of the band "The Police".
- In this assignment I will be analysing the use of sound desi...
- Analysis of Mozart's Symphony No. 41 1st Movement
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.