- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
AS Dance-Unit 2 written evaluation of solo choreography and performance inspiration from ‘Atalanta’ by Dick Onians.
The first 200 words of this essay...
AS Dance-Unit 2 written evaluation of solo choreography and performance
Inspiration from 'Atalanta' by Dick Onians
I found the pictures most inspiring of the exam questions, as I found I was instantly developing movements that involve stretching of the material to create tension and shapes, and I felt that this would work well to answer this question.
To find out more about 'Atalanta' I conducted my own research about her using the Internet. I found that she was a girl with attitude, who was athletic and pretty. I felt that this was something I need to reflect in my dance. I thought that I could do this by using strong bold movements to reflect attitude, running and fast movements for athletic and controlled, gentle movements for pretty.
Once I had completed my research I started to brainstorm using my research, the pictures and the quote given to use. For example I thought of ways I could use movements that are based on the figure like running. I decided that I would try to end my dance with a held position resembling the painting.
I decided that I wanted to use freeze frames as I found
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Music (view all)
- Annotation of Composition
- AS Composition Commentary. I chose to write my piece for a ...
- In what ways does Weber's "Der Freischutz" exhibit...
- Kurt Cobain-Murder or Suicide?
- Word Painting in the Song Cycle Winterreise by Schubert
- Wagner's Tristan und Isolde - How does the quote above come ...
- How does Beethoven make Effective and Imaginative use of the...
- Analysis of the Exposition of the First Movement of Beethove...
- The history of the band "The Police".
- In this assignment I will be analysing the use of sound desi...
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.