- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Classical Era (1750 - 1820).
The first 200 words of this essay...
(1750 - 1820)
The Classical period has been called the "Golden Age of Music" because it was at this time that the major forms of Classical music were fully developed. The classical era runs roughly from the 1750s into the early decades of the 1820s. This collection features both pieces originally written for piano, as well as transcriptions for piano. The main composers of this era are Bach, Beethoven, Cimarosa, Clementi, Diabelli, Haydn, Mozart and Turk.
In the classical era, no middle class home was complete without a piano. The piano was a new invention and gradually replaced the harpsichord. The harpsichord was unable to play at different volume levels and was therefore limited to be able to play the new classical music. The piano can play a wide range of volumes. It served as the home entertainment centre for families in the classical era. The ever increasing number of people who could play the piano led to a much wider and much more educated audience for music.
Almost all musicians were either employed by the church or royal families in the early ages of the classical era. This frustrated many composers because
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Music (view all)
- In the poem "Piano and Drums" by Gabriel Okara, Ok...
- AS Composition Commentary. I chose to write my piece for a ...
- The Power of Music and Its Affects On People.
- The Importance of licensing and royalties in the music indus...
- This essay describes how I have worked towards and performed...
- Wagner's Tristan und Isolde - How does the quote above come ...
- How does Beethoven make Effective and Imaginative use of the...
- Analysis of the Exposition of the First Movement of Beethove...
- The history of the band "The Police".
- In this assignment I will be analysing the use of sound desi...
""Zoey. University Student.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.