- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Critical Analysis of Thriller - Michael Jackson
The first 200 words of this essay...
Thriller- Michael Jackson
In my Expressive Arts class we are studying the topic dreams and nightmares, so were given the video Thriller to analyse. Thriller was made in 1983, and is one of the best music videos ever made. The video thriller contains a spectacular dance sequence, plenty of drama and story, and most importantly the actual song itself. The dance moves, costumes, music, settings, and lyrics in some way all relate to the theme of dreams and nightmares.
The general synopsis of the video begins with Michael and a young lady in a horror film, walking through the woods. After a conversation he then tells her he is different, then as the moon appears from the clouds he turns into a werewolf. They go into a chasing scene and he finally catches the girl. This will build tension, and make the audience feel scared and nervous. Then we see Michael and the girl in the cinema as they are watching the horror film. They decide to leave and the song Thriller begins. They walk down the street and past a graveyard; this is when a voiceover comes in as zombies rise from their
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Music (view all)
- The Development of Music and Dance as Storytelling Devices i...
- Annotation of Composition
- Mozart Symphony No. 41 in C, K551 "Jupiter" Analys...
- Musicals.A musical can be defined as something that combines...
- Analysis of West End Blues by Louis Armstrong
- Analysis of the Exposition of the First Movement of Beethove...
- The history of the band "The Police".
- In this assignment I will be analysing the use of sound desi...
- Analysis of Mozart's Symphony No. 41 1st Movement
- Music Analysis. "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" ...
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student