- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Dance as Popular Culture.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Casey Perry Critical Essay
Popular Culture 12/4/01
Dance as Popular Culture
Dance has been greatly minimized in the United States culture today, but is still a very integrated aspect in popular culture. It serves many functions such as artistic expression for the choreographer, who creates the dance, and communication for the dancer to the audience. Dance can relay messages of everyday life, behavior and values through the body movements. There are a number of different styles of dance such as ballet, jazz, modern and tap, which are the best known. There are also and endless number of dances which originate from other countries that have been adapted into the American culture. Because of the various styles of dance there are many ways in which aspects of popular culture can be conveyed to the audience.
You must ask yourself though, what is art? It is a method of expressing yourself, a creative thinking process, something pleasing to the audience's eye. Dance is very much a form of artistic expression in my opinion. There is an intense creative process attached to this genre of art. Many years of learning and practicing different techniques are essential
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Music (view all)
- In the poem "Piano and Drums" by Gabriel Okara, Ok...
- AS Composition Commentary. I chose to write my piece for a ...
- The Power of Music and Its Affects On People.
- The Importance of licensing and royalties in the music indus...
- Kurt Cobain-Murder or Suicide?
- Wagner's Tristan und Isolde - How does the quote above come ...
- How does Beethoven make Effective and Imaginative use of the...
- Analysis of the Exposition of the First Movement of Beethove...
- The history of the band "The Police".
- In this assignment I will be analysing the use of sound desi...
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.