- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Dance Assignment Study Christopher Bruce Christopher Bruce was born in Scarborough in 1946. As a child he caught Polio, so started dancing
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Music and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
GCSE Dance Assignment Study
Christopher Bruce was born in Scarborough in 1946. As a child he caught Polio, so started dancing to strengthen his legs. He started training at 13 years old at the Ballet Rambert School, and then at 17 he joined Ballet Rambert, soon to be acknowledged as one of the most gifted performers of his generation, and remembered particularly for his performances in Glen Tetley's 'Pierrot Lunaire' and 'Cruel Garden'. Bruce was the last major choreographer to have been taught by Dame Marie Rambert.
After his training, Bruce went on to become a famous international dancer and is now known as one of Britain's greatest living choreographers for his ability to create emotional pieces that fill the gap between classical and contemporary dance. Some of his best known pieces include: 'Swansong', 'Cruel Garden', 'Sergeant Early's Dream', 'Rooster', 'Ghost Dances' and 'Moonshine'.
He has received many awards including two Evening Standard Awards for 'Outstanding Artistic Achievement'. This award is a great achievement, with him being the second individual in the dance world to ever receive two. He was also awarded a CBE in 1998 and in 2000 was made
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Music (view all)
- The Development of Music and Dance as Storytelling Devices i...
- Mozart Symphony No. 41 in C, K551 "Jupiter" Analys...
- 'The seven deadly sins' was the stimulus for the integrated ...
- Poetry is capable of expressing complex emotions and ideas i...
- The Musical Role of the Bass Guitar
- Analysis of the Exposition of the First Movement of Beethove...
- The history of the band "The Police".
- In this assignment I will be analysing the use of sound desi...
- Analysis of Mozart's Symphony No. 41 1st Movement
- Music Analysis. "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" ...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.