- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Film Music - Different Types of Atmosphere.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Music and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Film Music - Different Types of Atmosphere
I have chosen five different types of atmosphere that are found in film music, each one created a different effect and helps the film created the effect that is needed in the film. My chosen atmospheres are: Scary/Tense, Sad/Unhappy, Happy/Jolly, Mystical/Magical and Excited/Action.
Scary and tense music is a common type of music in a lot of films. The films that contain a lot of this type of music, not surprisingly, are horror films. This is because the film is obviously trying to scare you so they need tense music that is quite creepy and eerie.
Scary and tense music often has a repeated rhythm either in the background or as the main tune. This sometimes gets faster as well, making you think that something is creeping up on you or getting nearer. The most famous example of this is in the film Jaws, in the parts where the killer shark is just about to strike!
This type of music also often uses a minor key to make it sound a bit more sad and serious than happier music. The dynamics in scary music are often
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Music (view all)
- The Development of Music and Dance as Storytelling Devices i...
- An analysis of Sweelinck's 'Pavana Lachrimae'
- The Musical Role of the Bass Guitar
- Too Much Punch For Judy Development Phase
- Comment on the ways in which Mahler organises his thematic m...
- Analysis of the Exposition of the First Movement of Beethove...
- The history of the band "The Police".
- In this assignment I will be analysing the use of sound desi...
- Analysis of Mozart's Symphony No. 41 1st Movement
- Music Analysis. "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" ...
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.