- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Language of Performing Arts
- Essay length: 3376 words
- Submitted: 02/09/2003
The first 200 words of this essay...
A/S Performing Arts- Language of Performing Arts 2556 Amy Grant 1ADE
Performing Arts is a way of expressing ideas, emotions and thoughts to all areas of society using any capability of the body as a tool. In this essay I am going to discuss they ways in which I achieved this idea through the practical work produced in music, dance and drama modules. For each module a stimulus was given which led to the devise-rehearse-performance process. A final performance was then created integrating all three arts using another given stimulus.
During the Drama module we were given a poem called 'Seven Poems' written by Antonin Artaud. We were to devise a piece of drama not only stimulated by this poem but also in the style of the writer. We made our own notes on the language of the poem and interpreted it in our own way; this meant no two pieces of drama would be the same as we all have individual ideas and opinions. However when we came together in our groups we discussed our notes and points and came to a group decision about what we thought the poem meant and what it represented before beginning
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Music (view all)
- Mozart Symphony No. 41 in C, K551 "Jupiter" Analys...
- The Development of Music and Dance as Storytelling Devices i...
- 'The seven deadly sins' was the stimulus for the integrated ...
- The Musical Role of the Bass Guitar
- Is It Acceptable for Composers To Borrow and/or Adapt Existi...
- Analysis of the Exposition of the First Movement of Beethove...
- The history of the band "The Police".
- In this assignment I will be analysing the use of sound desi...
- Analysis of Mozart's Symphony No. 41 1st Movement
- Music Analysis. "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" ...
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.