- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Make an outline comparison of the exposition and the recapitulation,showing how Mozart adapts his material when it returns in the recapitulation. The Piano Concerto begins with an eight bar opening phrase
The first 200 words of this essay...
Make an outline comparison of the exposition and the recapitulation,
showing how Mozart adapts his material when it returns in the recapitulation.
The Piano Concerto begins with an eight bar opening phrase by the string section in a homophonic style with the first Violin on melody, second Violin along with Viola providing the harmony and the Cello with a tonic pedal on A; closing the phrase on the dominant. This is then followed by an answering phrase, one octave higher, by the woodwind. This structure of balanced phrasing, known as periodic phrasing, is a typical characteristic of the classical style; with an "antecedent", by the string section; followed by a "consequent", here provided by the woodwind.
Following this phrase, Mozart avoids the usual predictability of periodic phrasing by repeating the cadence in bars 15-16 with the inclusion of added decoration. At bar 18, we also have the first tutti of the work, with all the orchestral parts playing. The proceeding phrase also overlaps from bar 18, again avoiding the predictability that was common of the Viennese Classical style.
The opening of the exposition of this work contains many features, which are so typical of the classical
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Music (view all)
- The Development of Music and Dance as Storytelling Devices i...
- Annotation of Composition
- Mozart Symphony No. 41 in C, K551 "Jupiter" Analys...
- Musicals.A musical can be defined as something that combines...
- Analysis of West End Blues by Louis Armstrong
- Analysis of the Exposition of the First Movement of Beethove...
- The history of the band "The Police".
- In this assignment I will be analysing the use of sound desi...
- Analysis of Mozart's Symphony No. 41 1st Movement
- Music Analysis. "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" ...
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.