- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The Effect Of Music On The Performance Of A Task.
- Essay length: 2900 words
- Submitted: 02/07/2004
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Effect Of Music On The
Performance Of A Task
Word Count: 1498 words
A b s t r a c t
The aim of this investigation is to investigate the effect of music upon the performance of a task.
30 participants completed different anagrams under each of the 3 conditions: fast, slow and no music.
A two-tailed Wilcoxon test was used, as a significance level of p=0.05. This revealed that the slow music & no music; and the fast music & slow music had significant results between them. However, between the fast music & no music conditions, there was no significance.
The data collected shows that slower music provides the highest level of performance, with the average score being 8.1 out of 15. Faster music gives an average performance, with no music providing the lowest level of performance. Individual differences and extraneous variables need to be accounted for, however, before firm conclusions can be drawn.
B a c k g r o u n d
Many studies have taken place with an aim to find out more about how music affects humans.
Turner et al (1997) concluded that
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Music (view all)
- Mozart Symphony No. 41 in C, K551 "Jupiter" Analys...
- The Development of Music and Dance as Storytelling Devices i...
- 'The seven deadly sins' was the stimulus for the integrated ...
- The Musical Role of the Bass Guitar
- Is It Acceptable for Composers To Borrow and/or Adapt Existi...
- Analysis of the Exposition of the First Movement of Beethove...
- The history of the band "The Police".
- In this assignment I will be analysing the use of sound desi...
- Analysis of Mozart's Symphony No. 41 1st Movement
- Music Analysis. "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" ...
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.