- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The Music of Mozart.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Music of Mozart
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was born in 1756 and lived until he was 35, when he died in 1791. He was a composer of classical music, which was predominantly composed in the second half of the 18th century.
Mozart was brought up in Salzburg, Austria, and wrote music for the archbishop of Salzburg. After a while, Mozart's disagreements with the archbishop became too strong and Mozart moved to Vienna and started work as a freelance composer. In Vienna he was able to concentrate on composing the music that he (and Vienna) loved, that he hadn't been able to compose in Salzburg, such as operas and concertos.
But before he started working for the archbishop or travelled to Vienna, Mozart had already travelled Europe. Mozart, along with his sister and father, had travelled to various places around Europe, including Vienna, Paris, London, Munich, Brussels, Coblenz and Hague before Mozart had even reached the age of seven. He performed on the keyboard and violin, with his sister, often being paid large sums of money for his concerts. He performed in front of many important people, including the French Ambassador of the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Music (view all)
- Is It Acceptable for Composers To Borrow and/or Adapt Existi...
- The Spinstresss nightingale - CriticalAnalysis
- Autobiography - This is me.
- Miss Congeniality - Film analysis.
- The Importance of licensing and royalties in the music indus...
- How does Beethoven make Effective and Imaginative use of the...
- Analysis of the Exposition of the First Movement of Beethove...
- The history of the band "The Police".
- In this assignment I will be analysing the use of sound desi...
- Analysis of Mozart's Symphony No. 41 1st Movement
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.