- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Though clubs have been around for a while(in the sense of venues for dance), the 'decade of dance' has only really beenrecognised as starting from the end of the twentieth century, mainly 1988-98 (Meashamet al., 2001). For clubbers, the term refers ...
The first 200 words of this essay...
Though clubs have been around for a while (in the sense of venues for dance), the 'decade of dance' has only really been recognised as starting from the end of the twentieth century, mainly 1988-98 (Measham et al., 2001). For clubbers, the term refers to the survival of dance, despite suppression by authority (McDermott, 1993). However it does not describe one stable and/or coherent dance club scene as such (Garratt, 1998). Rather dance culture during this time was extremely fragmented, and mutate, with many sub-cultures splitting off from each other. Reynolds (1998) and Henderson (1993a) identify three main 'waves':
The first 'wave'
The second 'wave'
The third 'wave'
When trying to link ecstasy to dance culture as such, it is important to be clear about which period this drug used is being linked to.
How has ecstasy been linked dance club culture?
''...links between British youth, dancing, leisure and indeed drugs can be traced back to another post-war era.'' (Measham et al, 2001, p.20).
Pre-1950s there is evidence of drugs linked to dancing, but this was mainly
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Music (view all)
- AS Composition Commentary. I chose to write my piece for a ...
- The Importance of licensing and royalties in the music indus...
- Still Life At The Penguin Caf Essay - The Great Auk
- Trace the development of harmony from Schumann through Brahm...
- In the poem "Piano and Drums" by Gabriel Okara, Ok...
- How does Beethoven make Effective and Imaginative use of the...
- Analysis of the Exposition of the First Movement of Beethove...
- The history of the band "The Police".
- In this assignment I will be analysing the use of sound desi...
- Analysis of Mozart's Symphony No. 41 1st Movement
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.