- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Analyse the effects that staging a major sporting event can have on an area.
- Essay length: 5169 words
- Submitted: 13/01/2005
The first 200 words of this essay...
This report will analyse the effects that staging a major sporting event can have on an area. It will examine whether events of this size generate inward investment, what different types of investment that occur and evaluate their lasting value. The reasons for the growth of sport as a global industry will also be discussed in terms of their effect on investment levels. After studying a number of major sporting events, both within the UK and from other parts of the world this report concludes that the extent to which events act as a focus for inward investment depends on the nature of the competition and the size of its audience. Introduction.
"To what extent do major sporting events act as a focus for inward investment?" Before I can begin to explore this question there are several terms to define: What constitutes a major sporting event? A major sporting event is a competition involving a large number of competitors from a range of countries, gaining widespread media coverage.cofa far
What is inward investment?
Inward investment implies that, "Goods have been brought into existence which will allow a stream of other goods and services to be
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Contemporary Studies (view all)
- In this assignment I am going to identify, describe and anal...
- Good Practice in the Outdoor Industry
- The History and development of Tennis.
- Safeguarding Children - Dangers of Abuse and Legislation
- Coaching Session Evaluation.
- Football rules, Laws and Regulations
- The focus of this assignment is on the coaching behaviour ex...
- Current Issues in Athletics
- Threats to the Olympic Ideals
- Choose one or two sporting personalities that you admire and...
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.