- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Analyse the nature of a skilled performer
The first 200 words of this essay...
AO1 Analyse the nature of skilled performance
Skill is used in everyday life , it is used in different ways such as walking, running, reading, writing, cooking etc. Skill can be defined in a number of ways, and there are a number of different types of skill, the three most commonly used skills in sport are cognitive skills, perceptual skills, and motor skills and when you combine the three it is known as perceptual motor skills or psychomotor skills.
The mostly commonly used definition of skill is Knapp's theory which states "the learned ability to bring about predetermined results with maximum certainty often with a minimum outlay of time and energy or both" Knapp (1963) .This is saying that skill is learned and comes naturally to the performer, it is always done to perfection in an efficient and effective manor without using a lot of time and energy or both. Skill is learned, learning is a relatively permanent change in performance, performance is a temporary action.
In this picture Kaka is using a number of different skills such as cognitive skills he is deciding to hit the shot high/low, curl/swerve amount of power to use. He is
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Acquiring, Developing & Performance Skill (view all)
- BTEC Sport 6 week training program
- Describe 'Fitts and Posner's' phases of learning and explain...
- Skill Acquisition Laboratory Report 1: "Open and Closed...
- Skills, techniques and tactics in futsal and basketball.
- Accurate identification of Weaknesses - football.
- Define personality and how personality affects performance
- A Self-Reflective Evaluation of a Paired Coaching Performanc...
- Aerobic Endurance and Strength Training Programmes
- In this task I am going to name one method of training which...
- Part practice can beneficial for cognitive learners, the ski...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.