- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Application of anatomical and physiological knowledge to improve performance.
- Essay length: 4223 words
- Submitted: 15/10/2003
The first 200 words of this essay...
Application of Anatomical and Physiological Knowledge to Improve Performance
Physical fitness is the capability to meet physical and physiological demands made by a sporting activity. In any chosen sport you need a lot of different parts of physical fitness to perform to the best of your ability.
Strength is normally measured by the amount of weight the muscles can lift, or applying a force against a resistance during a single maximal contraction.
Examples of this are handgrip strength or the power from the leg from a vertical jump.
In the sport football strength is important in all positions. For an attacker strength in the leg is important for when they have an opportunity to shoot they have to be able to exert a reasonable amount of force on the ball to make it move with speed and power increasing the chances of a goal if the shot is on target..
For a midfield player in a football team their strength is vital for the whole of the match. Being the link between the defence and attack midfielders are involved in the game the most and have a lot
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Acquiring, Developing & Performance Skill (view all)
- Describe and explain energy intake and expenditure in sports...
- Describe and explain the components of a balanced diet P6, M...
- Critically analyse your own performance in your chosen sport...
- My chosen sport for my Observation and analysis portfolio is...
- Describing and Explaining the Components of Fitness. Fitnes...
- Define personality and how personality affects performance
- A Self-Reflective Evaluation of a Paired Coaching Performanc...
- Aerobic Endurance and Strength Training Programmes
- In this task I am going to name one method of training which...
- Part practice can beneficial for cognitive learners, the ski...
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.