- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Boxing, should it be banned from the 21st century?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Boxing is a sport with history dating back many centuries ago. Right back to the days of bare-knuckle boxing and barnyard fights. Boxing can be defined as a sport that is merely a legalised way of beating-up another person. It is a male dominated sport, and some people think it should be banned from the 21st century.
These people believe that boxing is too dangerous and too violent to be shown on television, or even viewed by anyone. A further point they add is that a lot of people who are influenced in the boxing world end up with their lives wrecked by money scams, violent behavior and their health is put in great danger.
Others argue it is an exciting, full-on-contact sport, which is more realistic than wrestling, and therefore makes it a better sport. The people who are attracted to the sport love watching it because of its competitiveness and excitement. Others are attracted because of the appeal of money, fame, glory of winners, and sadness of losers; which comes with the sport. Big title fights attract big crowds who want to see 12 rounds of fast, hard-hitting action. Viewers want to see someone get
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Contemporary Studies (view all)
- National governing bodies of sport.
- Unit 16 - Sports Development
- What made you choose P.E as a G.C.S.E subject?
- Against: Boxing.
- Local and National Provision for Netball.
- Football rules, Laws and Regulations
- The focus of this assignment is on the coaching behaviour ex...
- Current Issues in Athletics
- Threats to the Olympic Ideals
- Choose one or two sporting personalities that you admire and...
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'