- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
British Army Fitnes Tests
The first 200 words of this essay...
Research public service fitness tests and analyse areas for improvement when compared with personal fitness assessment.
The physical trials that a potential British Army recruit is expected to undertake during the Army Development and Selection Centre (ADSC) involve a combination of cardiovascular, resistance and flexibility tests.
As a result of the physically demanding nature of soldiering, physical fitness is an important feature of military training. High aerobic fitness, muscle strength and endurance and a low percentage of body fat are all desirable characteristics. These traits have all been related to performance ability during everyday tasks, such as marching long distances with a considerable load, climbing and repetitive lifting.
"The high levels of general fitness achieved by the Army enables them to carry out very strenuous and mentally complex tasks in their training while still being able to make effective decisions while under stress - this prepares them for combat situations when making the correct decisions under immense pressure. Their fitness creates a standard of physical readiness. This means that, while you might never have to run for exactly 1.5 miles within 10 minutes, doing so will mentally and physically prepare you for rising to similar, less predictable
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Acquiring, Developing & Performance Skill (view all)
- Describe and explain energy intake and expenditure in sports...
- Components of Fitness for Netball.
- Describe and explain the components of a balanced diet P6, M...
- Psychology for Sports Performance - task1 - How personality ...
- PPP Action plan 2003.
- Define personality and how personality affects performance
- A Self-Reflective Evaluation of a Paired Coaching Performanc...
- Aerobic Endurance and Strength Training Programmes
- In this task I am going to name one method of training which...
- Part practice can beneficial for cognitive learners, the ski...
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.