- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Coaches and Guidance.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Coaches and Guidance.
Coaches of all sports use many different guidance methods. The two methods that are relevant to this investigation are visual guidance and verbal guidance although there are also other methods used by coaches. Within these two categories are also many different ways of using each method to teach skills to performers.
This topic of the effectiveness of different guidance methods is particularly relevant to me as an under 13s Hockey coach and I am interested in how I might be able to teach skills more effectively.
To provide a focus for the study the following null hypothesis will be tested:
* There will be no significant difference between the performance of a reverse stick hit dependent on whether the performers received visual and verbal guidance or just verbal guidance.
To evaluate the skills and whether they have been learnt/improved upon, qualitative analysis will be used. This will include observing the performance of the skill before the guidance methods are used, then identifying any discrepancies between the expected and actual performance. The skills will then be observed after coaching has taken place and the discrepancies noted again.
To carry out the investigation
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Acquiring, Developing & Performance Skill (view all)
- Sports Massage
- Describe and explain energy intake and expenditure in sports...
- Sports Psychology Reseach Project - using dissociative and a...
- Psychology for Sports Performance - task1 - How personality ...
- Psychology in Sport: Anxiety, Stress and Sports Performance
- Health screening and monitoring questionnaire and declaratio...
- Practical team sports analysis - Football and Basketball
- Define personality and how personality affects performance
- A Self-Reflective Evaluation of a Paired Coaching Performanc...
- Aerobic Endurance and Strength Training Programmes
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.