- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Cricket is a fantastic sport that appeals to every individual whether you enjoy playing slow or explosive games.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Galligan, F, (2000) Advanced PE For Edexcel, Heinemann Educational Publishers.
Wesson, K, (1998) Sport And PE, Scot Print Ltd.
Cricket is a fantastic sport that appeals to every individual whether you enjoy playing slow or explosive games. Cricket is one of the oldest established games and is thought to be invented by the English, although the orgins of cricket are obscured, unrecorded, and the source of much speculation. There are several references concerning the origination of cricket. One reference is that a game similar to cricket was played in the 13th century called 'club-ball'. It is certain that the game was played with a ball and a crooked stick. The game through is centuries evolved and expanded.
In the 19th century, cricket was played in many countries and public schools. Both upper and lower social classes played together, although they had particular roles within the game to signify their status. From these games clubs developed and county cricket was introduced. The suburban middle class began to take out county memberships and the large grounds began to take over the smaller,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Contemporary Studies (view all)
- Sports development continuum
- Roles and responsibilities of a sports coach
- Barriers to participation in sport
- Public, Private and Voluntary Sectors
- This assignment will describe and explain roles and responsi...
- Football rules, Laws and Regulations
- The focus of this assignment is on the coaching behaviour ex...
- Current Issues in Athletics
- Threats to the Olympic Ideals
- Choose one or two sporting personalities that you admire and...
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.