- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Evaluate Steven Gerrard's performance during the England versus Germany game that took place in the Olympic Stadium, Munich, Germany on September 2nd 2001.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Synoptic Assignment - Steven Gerrard
I have chosen to evaluate Steven Gerrard's performance during the England versus Germany game that took place in the Olympic Stadium, Munich, Germany on September 2nd 2001. England won the match 5-1.
Steven Gerrard had a particularly good game. He scored with a great, twenty-five yard strike on the forty third minute and assisted one goal. The opta stats revealed he worked the hardest out of every single player on the pitch that night. Also, his passing was exceptional, with the stats showing 79% success rate. However, he did receive a yellow card in the second half, which marred an otherwise excellent performance. I believe that Steven received a booking when he did because his arousal increased gradually as the game progressed. He picked up a slight back injury during the game. This was not a real cause for concern however he missed subsequent training sessions due to this injury. Although not a particularly serious injury, the manager (Sven Goran Eriksson) decided to rest him. He therefore missed vital training sessions leading up to England's second World Cup qualifier against Albania.
After evaluating the game fully, I notice that the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Acquiring, Developing & Performance Skill (view all)
- Skill Classification and Information Processing.
- Describe and explain energy intake and expenditure in sports...
- Critically analyse your own performance in your chosen sport...
- PPP Action plan 2003.
- Discuss the differences between skill, ability and technique...
- Define personality and how personality affects performance
- A Self-Reflective Evaluation of a Paired Coaching Performanc...
- Aerobic Endurance and Strength Training Programmes
- In this task I am going to name one method of training which...
- Part practice can beneficial for cognitive learners, the ski...
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.