- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Exercise Physiology - Skeletal System
The first 200 words of this essay...
The functions of the Skeleton are to:
o Provide Protection
o Blood Production
o Mineral Production
Definitions of the functions:
Protection: The skeleton is designed in such a way that the delicate parts of the body are protected. These parts are major organs, the brain is protected by the skull, the lungs and heart are protected by the ribs and the vertical column protects the spinal cord. For example you will see this happen in many sports such as boxing, the skull protects the brain from impact of a punch during a fight.
Support/ Shape: The skeletal system gives the human body structure. It supports the internal organs that are held within the body in a network of tissue. Bones give us form. In sports support and shape are also used for example in a rugby scum, to body needs to be placed in such a way to keep the back aligned.
Movement/ Attachment: The skeleton is jointed to allow movement. A joint is an articulation of two or more connecting bones, providing us
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Anatomy & Physiology (view all)
- The Body In Action Assignment. Energy systems.
- The Effects of Exercise on the Pulmonary Ventilation Rate.
- In this assignment I will explain and analyse the initial re...
- Cardiovascular responses When or before exercising, a numbe...
- What is SALTAPS? First Aid in Sport
- Anatomy For BTEC Sport - bones and muscles.
- Arousal Theories. Arousal is defined as a perception of ant...
- Anatomy and physiology for sport and exercise
- Muscles in the Human Body
- Describing the Muscular System. Specific Exercises for each...
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.