- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
PE coursework Chosen Sport Rugby -working on my weaknesses as a fullback
- Essay length: 7117 words
- Submitted: 09/06/2011
The first 200 words of this essay...
Chosen Sport Rugby
Defensive Weakness 1: Frontal Tackles
Tackles made front on, when a player is running at me, is a defensive weakness of mine because when performing the tackle I am either unsuccessful or make the tackle using the incorrect technique.
My technique is incorrect as I do not drive the opposing player backwards during the tackle, allowing them to make it over the game line, meaning they make ground and they can set the ball backwards for their team making it difficult for my team to get turnover ball. The reason I do not drive the opposing player backwards is due to me not hitting into the tackle with an 'explosive' spring off the balls of my feet from low to high (crouched to straightened legs). By not doing this I make it much easier for the opposing player to use their momentum to carry themselves forward and make some ground in the tackle. Another reason for my frontal tackles being either unsuccessful or performed with the incorrect technique is that when a player is running at me, about to take contact, they sometimes try to use some form of deception in
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Acquiring, Developing & Performance Skill (view all)
- Skill Classification and Information Processing.
- Describe and explain energy intake and expenditure in sports...
- Critically analyse your own performance in your chosen sport...
- Discuss the differences between skill, ability and technique...
- Describing and Explaining the Components of Fitness. Fitnes...
- Define personality and how personality affects performance
- A Self-Reflective Evaluation of a Paired Coaching Performanc...
- Aerobic Endurance and Strength Training Programmes
- In this task I am going to name one method of training which...
- Part practice can beneficial for cognitive learners, the ski...
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student