- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Personal Exercise Programme.
- Essay length: 10338 words
- Submitted: 28/06/2004
The first 200 words of this essay...
Personal Exercise Programme
To increase my core and upper body strength, in conjunction to the expected muscle hypertrophy of the major muscle groups I would expect my BIA reading to drop. I play in the scrum in rugby therefore it is essential to have a strong neck and back, combined with overall core strength.
Before last season I hadn't played rugby for around two seasons. The 'modern game of rugby is very physical with ferocious tackles and hard impacts' (Reid, 2004), and through increased muscle bulk, this should hopefully benefit me, not only in breaking the game line, and rucks and mauls but also, most importantly reduce the risk of injury.
Rugby is a sporadic game made up of generally short phases, each requiring maximal exertions (Reid, 2004). My PEP shall aim to improve my maximal exertions; I shall test this through the one rep max and a grip dynamometer tests.
At the age of seventeen I started going to the gym, this was sporadic and didn't really serve a direct purpose and involved both cardiovascular and strength exercises. I didn't have a specific aim
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Acquiring, Developing & Performance Skill (view all)
- Skill Classification and Information Processing.
- Describe and explain energy intake and expenditure in sports...
- Critically analyse your own performance in your chosen sport...
- Discuss the differences between skill, ability and technique...
- Describing and Explaining the Components of Fitness. Fitnes...
- Define personality and how personality affects performance
- A Self-Reflective Evaluation of a Paired Coaching Performanc...
- Aerobic Endurance and Strength Training Programmes
- In this task I am going to name one method of training which...
- Part practice can beneficial for cognitive learners, the ski...
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.