- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Self analysis of weaknesses in table tennis - Comparison to elite model 2
- Essay length: 13377 words
- Submitted: 10/05/2012
The first 200 words of this essay...
Self analysis of attacking weakness 1
Backhand Topspin (Loop)
B2 - Correct Technical Model of Elite Performer
B1- Self analysis of attacking weakness 1 - Backhand Topspin (Loop)
Performer; Paul Drinkhall
Is the UK's currently ranked number 1 table tennis player, he has competed in the commonwealth and Olympic games competing for England, with honours reaching to an Olympic silver medal and being crowned the European champion 3 times. In my opinion he has the best backhand topspin in the English game, and it shows consistency, accuracy, speed and tons of spin, which makes it extremely hard to return. The technique used by Paul is highly consistent ensuring near enough that every shot makes the table, putting the opponent of the back foot. This backhand topspin give him a fine edge over him opponent helping him to secure those three European championships.
During Paul Drinkhall's preparation phase to the backhand topspin he bends his knees and gets his head behind the ball, this then allows him to generate more spin, Getting his head behind the ball, allows for great accuracy and allows him to hit the ball every time, allowing
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Acquiring, Developing & Performance Skill (view all)
- Describe and explain energy intake and expenditure in sports...
- Psychology for Sports Performance - task1 - How personality ...
- Critically analyse your own performance in your chosen sport...
- Skills, Techniques and Tactics for 5 a side Football and Bas...
- Skills, Techniques, progression and Tactics in Football
- Define personality and how personality affects performance
- A Self-Reflective Evaluation of a Paired Coaching Performanc...
- Aerobic Endurance and Strength Training Programmes
- In this task I am going to name one method of training which...
- Part practice can beneficial for cognitive learners, the ski...
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.