- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Sports Injuries Case Studies - First Aid in various injury scenarios
The first 200 words of this essay...
Sports injuries-case studies- Task 3
Two player's collided heads at great force in rugby tackle. As a result of the challenge both players are knocked out unconscious. One is breathing, the other is not.
The patient who is not breathing should be treated first the first aider should get someone to call two ambulances straight away and perform DR ABC which is danger, response, airways, breathing and circulation, then should check their airways to make sure there is nothing that the patient can choke on when the first aider has worked out that the patient is not breathing they should perform CPR, chest press compression 30-2 until the patient is breathing again or medical attention arrives. The first aider should then do a secondary survey this is when they check the patient from head to toe for injuries. Then they should be put in to the recovery positing and wait for the ambulance to arrive. The first aider should put the patient who is unconscious but breathing in to the recovery passion and wait for the ambulance to arrive. Once the patients have recovered and has returned home they both should not return to playing rugby until
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Anatomy & Physiology (view all)
- stress management
- Describe the components of a balanced diet.
- Effects of energy intake and expenditure on performance
- Physiology Within Sport
- Anatomy - Human skeleton.
- Anatomy For BTEC Sport - bones and muscles.
- Arousal Theories. Arousal is defined as a perception of ant...
- Anatomy and physiology for sport and exercise
- Muscles in the Human Body
- Describing the Muscular System. Specific Exercises for each...
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'