- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The Effect of World War and other World Events on the Development of Sport.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Effect of World War and other World Events on the Development of Sport
World War 2 effected the development of sport more dramatically than any previous world event/war, simply because it was a totally different war, civilians were in danger as well as the soldiers, due to the new style of fighting. WW2 was a much more mobile war then any other war as it was the first time when bombing was really introduced on a large scale; meaning that even if you were a civilian hundreds of miles away from the brunt of the fighting you could still be attacked from the air.
This meant that you could never play sport out in the open in complete safety as bombing raids could come at any time; civilians had other more pressing matters no their mind other than playing and developing sport.
Also PE in schools was set back considerably due to many PE teachers being enlisted into the army and many were used to train military personnel. Any PE that was taught in school was mainly based around individual initiative and survival rather than the concepts on
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Contemporary Studies (view all)
- Barriers to participation in sport
- I love cricket!
- Good Practice in the Outdoor Industry
- Affects of the Media and Current Issues On Sport.
- Roles and responsibilities of a sports coach
- Football rules, Laws and Regulations
- The focus of this assignment is on the coaching behaviour ex...
- Current Issues in Athletics
- Threats to the Olympic Ideals
- Choose one or two sporting personalities that you admire and...
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.