- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Training & Fitness : Types Of Fitness
The first 200 words of this essay...
Training & Fitness
For this task, I have been asked to identify and explain the different types of fitness training. Following this, I will be comparing the different types and methods of training and then critically evaluating these methods of training. This will then enable me to identify the training needs of individuals, and which types or methods of training would be suitable to put them through in a professional situation. Also I will need to analyse the scenario, and tailor the training to the client's needs- the intensity of the training programme can be decided on whether the client takes part in professional/competitive sport, or merely wants to keep generally fit.
The different types of fitness are:-
* Strength - This is split into two forms, muscular strength, and muscular endurance. Muscular strength is the ability of a muscle or group of muscles to contract and produce an explosive and powerful movement. To train for this, the principle of 'overload' or 'intensity' is recommended. This is where the individual trains at a high effort, and the maximum possible work load is taken on. Overload means that you increase the work load, for example
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Acquiring, Developing & Performance Skill (view all)
- Describe and explain energy intake and expenditure in sports...
- Psychology for Sports Performance - task1 - How personality ...
- Skills, Techniques, progression and Tactics in Football
- Critically analyse your own performance in your chosen sport...
- Choose three different target groups of sports participants....
- Define personality and how personality affects performance
- A Self-Reflective Evaluation of a Paired Coaching Performanc...
- Aerobic Endurance and Strength Training Programmes
- In this task I am going to name one method of training which...
- Part practice can beneficial for cognitive learners, the ski...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.