- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
What is a hero? In my view a hero is someone that you admire.
The first 200 words of this essay...
What is a hero? In my view a hero is someone that you admire. You may admirer them for their achievements, outlooks in life or maybe just because they are famous. In this case I admire my hero for his courage and his determination all through his personal life and his career.
This story begins in Bellshill near Glasgow 24th September 1962 where a Glaswegian boy was born. His parents Alexander and May called their miracle Alistair Murdoch McCoist. If only his parents had known the difference this baby boy would make to Scottish football in years to come.
At the age of 16 Ally left His High School Hunter high to take up a career in football after his chemistry teacher Archie Robertson noticed him and took him to the St Johnstone Boys Club trials. Unfortunately Mr Robertson died and did not see ally make it to the professional football stage in his career. This is one of Ally's biggest regrets in life.
On the 1st December 1978 Ally started his career at St Johnstone FC from their Boys Club. During his first season he appears on the pitch 4 times, though he fails to score
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Contemporary Studies (view all)
- Sports development continuum
- Roles and responsibilities of a sports coach
- This assignment will describe and explain roles and responsi...
- The Industrial revolution and its impact on sport.
- Barriers to participation in sport
- Football rules, Laws and Regulations
- The focus of this assignment is on the coaching behaviour ex...
- Current Issues in Athletics
- Threats to the Olympic Ideals
- Choose one or two sporting personalities that you admire and...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.