- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
A Foreign Policy of Freedom. A United States foreign policy of intervention, through military and a foreign aid, is dangerous to its future, and following the advice of the founding fathers by ending these interventionist policies would be the be
The first 200 words of this essay...
A Foreign Policy of Freedom
Throughout history, the United States ignored the wise advice of its founding fathers and eventually became the self-appointed policeman of the world. Since the beginning of the 20th Century, the United States has frequently intervened in the affairs of sovereign nations including toppling regimes and installing new ones through force or elections. While this can be beneficial to protect the interests of the United States, it has done more harm by instilling hatred and resentment throughout the world. A United States' foreign policy of intervention, through military and a foreign aid, is dangerous to its future, and following the advice of the founding fathers by ending these interventionist policies would be the best solution to help restore the economy and strengthen National Defense.
The founding fathers of the United States had very good ideas, though they have been widely ignored, about the foreign policy of the United States and the role that it should play in the world. Thomas Jefferson said, "Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations - entangling alliances with none" (Vance, Laurence M). In his famous farewell address, George Washington said, "Tis our true policy to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
United States (view all)
- Federalism essay
- Lowering the Legal Drinking Age In New York State
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of the process of a...
- Are gun control laws popular in the United States?
- Explain the Major Similarities and Differences between the T...
- Are Civil Liberties and rights better Protected In the US or...
- The war in Afghanistan began on October 7th 2001. The primar...
- How and why did the US electorate become polarised into the ...
- The advantages of primary elections far outweigh their disad...
- Assess the view that the US Constitution often ensures limit...
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.