- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Barack Obama and Hilary Clinton are both potential presidential candidates representing the views of the Democratic Party. The diversity of both these candidates combined with the controversial issues encircling the election make this one of the most cruc
The first 200 words of this essay...
February 13, 2008
America is a country of contradiction. The innovative and modern in its western culture fails to coincide with the traditional and steady election process and mentality of the American majority. Through 216 years as a recognized nation and numerous strides in racial and ethnic equality, not one commander-in-chief has emerged as a shift from the conventional white-male standard; until now. Two candidates, one of them a woman, one a black male, and both democrats, are challenging both terms, white and male, in the 2008 election. Barack Obama and Hilary Clinton are both potential presidential candidates representing the views of the Democratic Party. The diversity of both these candidates combined with the controversial issues encircling the election make this one of the most crucial ballots of our time. With both already straying from the norm, it is safe to say that the more conservative candidate out of the two will end up taking the democratic candidacy. Although Obama's campaign and ideals hold the support of both the youth and black community, Hilary Clinton's more orthodox policies and structure makes her a more likely choice, for conservatives,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
United States (view all)
- "The Main Difference Between the UK And US Constitution...
- Using examples, explain the limitations on the Supreme Court...
- Are supreme court justices politicians in disguise?
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of the process of a...
- Canada: Becoming A Nation.
- Are Civil Liberties and rights better Protected In the US or...
- The war in Afghanistan began on October 7th 2001. The primar...
- How and why did the US electorate become polarised into the ...
- The advantages of primary elections far outweigh their disad...
- Assess the view that the US Constitution often ensures limit...
""Zoey. University Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.