- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
"Claims that British Prime Ministers have become more presidential ignore that a UK 
The first 200 words of this essay...
"Claims that British Prime Ministers have become more presidential ignore that a UK 1Prime Minister already enjoys much greater domestic power than a US president." Discuss.
There are numerous pieces of evidence that suggest the rational role of the British Prime Minister is becoming more presidential
Power can only be quantified or measured in relation to something. In terms of domestic power it is perhaps appropriate to define it in terms of ability to make more autonomous decisions. It has historically been believed that the UK Prime minister has more domestic power than the US president based on documented rights due to his ability to dominate his part, legislature and to an extent, the executive branch. He has substantial power over his party with no clear separation of power. Something based on this belief may well be valid but with numerous pieces of evidence that suggest the traditional role of the British Prime Minister is becoming more presidential and modern society adhering less to written convention, it has become far less clear who wields the most domestic power outside of conventional parameters.
Both the UK Prime Minister and US president are the key figures in their countries
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
United Kingdom (view all)
- Explain the arguments for and against introducing a codified...
- Assess the Strengths and Weaknesses of the British Constitut...
- Compare and Contrast the different styles of recent British ...
- To what extent does the prime minister dominate the UK polit...
- Increase in Prime Ministerial power in recent years?
- How Effective Is Parliament At Controlling And Influencing T...
- Explain the arguments in favour of lowering the voting age
- How powerful is the Prime Minister?
- The UK Constitution is no longer fit for purpose. Discuss
- How effective are backbencher MPs?
""Zoey. University Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.