- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Douglas McGregor's Theory X and Theory Y(1906-1964)
The first 200 words of this essay...
Douglas McGregor's Theory X and Theory Y
Biography of Douglas McGregor
Douglas McGregor was born on 1906 in Detroit, America. In 1895, it was here that his grandfather, Thomas McGregor started his business and given its name as, McGregor Institute. The business provides assistance to Great Lakes sailors and other transient labour. The Institute provided shelter, warmth and food to approximately 100 men every year. When Thomas McGregor passed away, his son Murray McGregor (Douglas's father) continued to manage the business. During high school, Douglas McGregor worked as a night clerk and played the piano and organ at the chapel services. At work, he became familiar with the employees and their problems. In 1936, McGregor Institute came to an end and it was sold for $100,000 to the Goodwill Industries.
After high school, McGregor went to Oberlin College and then attended to Wayne University, where he had graduated in 1932. While at college, he was married and left his college work for about five years to save enough money to start a family. McGregor began as a gasoline station attendant in Buffalo and quickly progressed to district manager of stations in the Detroit region.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Political Philosophy (view all)
- Why did Stalin make the "Great Turn"?
- A Study of Carl Rogers' Theory of Personality
- Why is classical liberalism associated with the free market?
- Notes on John Stuart Mill's On Liberty
- The Parliamentary Reform and Redistribution Act of 1884 - 18...
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.